Fire is a controlled part of everyday life in the kitchen and as my career brings the kitchen to the studio, my curiosity for motion in still life has become a new challenge. I would like to fill a void in a special niche market. When I see shots with fire in them, it's a dead give away when they have been manipulated in Photo Shop, film is even worse. I think this unique tool that may help. Before I became a Chef, I studied engineering and have a background in the electromechanical field. The combination of each puts me in good condition for designing and developing a flame set for studio work. There will be several options such as ambiance flame with or without logs or above the water, a fire wall Used to enhance flambe technique, a large translucent fire wall and my favorite the Grill with choice of surfaces and burners. For the past several months, on top of a move and a major career change, I have been driven to create a flexible solution. The mechanics are simple and safe. The flames only go up for a small amount of time, enough for the shot or in film for longer. From 50 btu to 500,000 btu at the touch of a switch on and off in less than 1 sec. this rig is it...
Components of the Studio Flame Set...
1) Fuel cell and regulator (completion 2-8-11) (Revised 11-4-2011)
2) State of the art 5 station fuel manifold with explosion proof, quick responding solenoid valves and manually operated adjustment valves with low burner bypass system. PHOTO (completion 2-9-11), (Addition of a Main Valve and Gas Sensor 10- 2011)
3) Electrical control box with the fastest response time in switching technology with quick throw circuit breaker and heavy duty wiring and Cables (2-2011) revised (1-2012)
4) Burner manifold with five separate flex-line umbilical for easy and safe operation on the set. (5-2011)
5) Burner assembly assortment for various shapes and sizes of flame. (3-2011, 5-2011, 11-2011, 1-2012, ONGOING)
6)Safety floor sensor alarm (10-2011)
7) Burner riser assemblies, Grill Grates, and Table (3-2011, 7-2011, 1-2012)
love food and have spent thousands of hours with a Chef's Knife in my
hand. I know Food and how to prepare it. Farmers are the backbone of and why our
country is great, present and past.