Another Great Adventure... Fire!
Fire is a controlled part of everyday life in the kitchen and as my career brings the kitchen to the studio, my curiosity for motion in still life has become a new challenge. I would like to fill a void in a special niche market. When I see shots with fire in them, it's a dead give away when they have been manipulated in Photo Shop, film is even worse. I think this unique tool that may help. Before I became a Chef, I studied engineering and have a background in the electromechanical field. The combination of each puts me in good condition for designing and developing a flame set for studio work. There will be several options such as ambiance flame with or without logs or above the water, a fire wall Used to enhance flambe technique, a large translucent fire wall and my favorite the Grill with choice of surfaces and burners. For the past several months, on top of a move and a major career change, I have been driven to create a flexible solution. The mechanics are simple and safe. The flames only go up for a small amount of time, enough for the shot or in film for longer. From 50 btu to 500,000 btu at the touch of a switch on and off in less than 1 sec. this rig is it...
Components of the Studio Flame Set...
1) Fuel cell and regulator (completion 2-8-11) (Revised 11-4-2011)
2) State of the art 5 station fuel manifold with explosion proof, quick responding solenoid valves and manually operated adjustment valves with low burner bypass system. PHOTO (completion 2-9-11), (Addition of a Main Valve and Gas Sensor 10- 2011)
3) Electrical control box with the fastest response time in switching technology with quick throw circuit breaker and heavy duty wiring and Cables (2-2011) revised (1-2012)
4) Burner manifold with five separate flex-line umbilical for easy and safe operation on the set. (5-2011)
5) Burner assembly assortment for various shapes and sizes of flame. (3-2011, 5-2011, 11-2011, 1-2012, ONGOING)
6)Safety floor sensor alarm (10-2011)
7) Burner riser assemblies, Grill Grates, and Table (3-2011, 7-2011, 1-2012)
Start blogging by creating a new post. You can edit or delete me by clicking under the comments. You can also customize your sidebar by dragging in elements from the top bar.
love food and have spent thousands of hours with a Chef's Knife in my
hand. I know Food and how to prepare it. Farmers are the backbone of and why our
country is great, present and past.